Monday 14 November 2011

I wanted to talk about the Alexander Mcqueen Spring 2012 RTW for a few reasons. First, of course, I kind of adore it, and it's as good a reason as another. But there's also a theme that I see recurring in the collection; even though it may not have been Sarah Burton's idea, but I felt like all the little (giant) models were actually tiny ants, that, in order to work together, had to form a whole. I mean, you have to admit, they do resemble the different social levels - if i may say - of a society of ants - there's the pink princess, the dark survivor (you know, the ant that's alway following but never keepin' the pace, I know, creepy that I know so much about ants? I thought so too.), there's the tulip ant (did I mention I like nature? But not more than NY, of course - woo pollution right?), there are the goddess ants, the baby ant, the chic ants and the first dark warrior ant's budy right at the end (it's in chronological order, in case you wanna check)









Of course, it immediately reminded me of :



So I got kind of red in front of my computer typing 'heigh ho' up (*cough*lying*cough*) and decided in the end to put it up. Sarah Burton's clothe are much more fashionable than the 7 dwarves, at least I believe so very forcefully, and that makes me affirm that I love the dramatic yet little childish sense of it to me (ants ARE dramatic ! Do you think it's easy to see your loved ones die everyday ? Huh? I'm fighting for a lost cause here, just return to heigh ho).

Anyway, this is why I preferred the whole to the details (ant complex) in this articular collection, it just seemed to fit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment